Ontario-Bred Program (TIP)
Discounted Rates for qualifying Out-of-Province-Mares;
US-Breeders and out-of-Province Breeders who wish to take advantage of the Ontario Thoroughbred Improvement Program (TIP) will benefit from preferential Day Rates at Norse Ridge Farms on certain conditions.
TO QUALIFY FOR A 15% DISCOUNT:
- MARES MUST HAVE ARRIVED AT NORSE RIDGE FARM ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2012 AND REMAIN AT NORSE RIDGE FARM THROUGH FOALING; and/or
- MARES MUST RESIDE AT NORSE RIDGE FARM FOR A MINIMUM OF 150 CONSECUTIVE DAYS SURROUNDING THEIR DATE OF FOALING;
TO QUALIFY FOR A 10% DISCOUNT
- US-MARES MUST REMAIN AT NORSE RIDGE FARM DURING FOALING AND BE BRED BACK TO A NORSE RIDGE FARM STALLION;
TO QUALIFY FOR ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS
PLEASE CONTACT US
- BOOK OF MULTIPLE MARES IN ANY OF THE ABOVE SCENARIOS;
Below is a summary of the most important definitions that apply to the Ontario Thoroughbred Improvement Program (TIP). While specific Program Details & Benefits can best be read in the Program Criteria Book - the below summary should assist you in understanding the ground rules for you to benefit from the strong Ontario Program. You may also seek further information from the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (CTHS), Ontario Division.
An ONTARIO RESIDENT MARE - is an accredited broodmare, qualified by the Program, that foals out in Ontario during 2013 and complies with one of the following criteria:
- The Mare was a resident in the Province of Ontario on or before October 1st, 2012 continuously throughout her foaling-out in Ontario; OR
- The Mare is a resident in the Province of Ontario for at least 150 consecutive and clear days surrounding her date of foaling-out in Ontario; OR
- The Mare is bred back to an ONTARIO SIRE registered with the Program for 2013; OR
- The Mare was purchased, or RNA (Reserve Not Attained) at a CTHS recognized sale or auction, and arrives within the boundaries of Ontario no later than thirty (30) days after the date of purchase (or RNA at sale); OR
- The mare was purchased in a bona-fide private sale, arrives in Ontario within thirty (30) days of the date of transaction and remains in Ontario until foaling.
ONTARIO FOALED - means a foal born in the Province of Ontario and registered with the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (CTHS).
A REGISTERED ONTARIO BRED - means a foal born in the Province of Ontario, out of an ONTARIO RESIDENT MARE, registered with the CTHS.
An ONTARIO SIRED - is a foal sired by a stallion that is registered with the CTHS as an ONTARIO SIRE in the year of conception.
An ONTARIO SIRE - is a stallion registered with the Program, owned, leased or managed by an ONTARIO RESIDENT, standing in the Province of Ontario for the entire Northern Hemisphere Stud Season of the year of record.
A BREEDER - is the individual, partnership, syndicate, or corporation who is the owner of the dam at the time of foaling.
s.e. & o.