Princess Stakes Breeding Incentive Certificates
Rule Change for 2014;
The ORC has announced changes to how Owners may use their Princess Stakes Breeding Certificate; if you hold one or more of these valuable Certificates you may apply to have it transferred to another mare that you own, for a 2014 Breeding/2015 Foal. Once the ORC has approved your Certificate Transfer, you may proceed to sell the mare that originally had earned the Certificate. You may also elect to let the certificate follow the mare that originally earned the Certificate (per the original rules) and the new owner can then breed the filly that earned the incentive or transfer it to another mare owned by them (upon approval of the transfer by the Program Administrator) under the new rule.
Should your mare not come to term, you may request redemption of the Incentive Certificate by special application to the Program Administrator.
The Transfer Form is available by CLICKING HERE
Discounted Rates for qualifying Out-of-Province-TB-Mares;
US-Breeders and out-of-Province Breeders who wish to take advantage of the Ontario Thoroughbred Improvement Program (TIP) will benefit from preferential Day Rates at Norse Ridge Farms on certain conditions.
TO QUALIFY FOR A 10% DISCOUNT OFF OUR POSTED DAY-RATES:
- MARES MUST ARRIVE/HAVE ARRIVED AT NORSE RIDGE FARM ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 1, 2013 (EXCEPTION FOR 2014 FOALS ONLY) AND REMAIN AT NORSE RIDGE FARM THROUGH FOALING; and/or
- MARES MUST RESIDE AT NORSE RIDGE FARM FOR A MINIMUM OF 90 CONSECUTIVE DAYS (EXCEPTION FOR 2014 FOALS ONLY) SURROUNDING THEIR DATE OF FOALING;
TO QUALIFY FOR AN ADDITIONAL 5% DISCOUNT
PLEASE CONTACT US
- BOOK OF MULTIPLE MARES IN ANY OF THE ABOVE SCENARIOS;
Below is a summary of the most important definitions that apply (for 2014 foals only) to the Ontario Thoroughbred Improvement Program (TIP). While specific Program Details & Benefits can best be read in the Program Criteria Book - the below summary should assist you in understanding the ground rules for you to benefit from the strong Ontario Program. You may also seek further information from the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (CTHS), Ontario Division.
An ONTARIO RESIDENT MARE - is an accredited broodmare, qualified by the Program, that foals out in Ontario during 2014 and complies with one of the following criteria:
- The Mare was a resident in the Province of Ontario on or before December 1st, 2013 continuously throughout her foaling-out in Ontario; OR
- The Mare is a resident in the Province of Ontario for at least 90 consecutive and clear days surrounding her date of foaling-out in Ontario; OR
- The Mare is bred back to an ONTARIO SIRE registered with the Program for 2014; OR
- The Mare was purchased, or RNA (Reserve Not Attained) at a CTHS recognized sale or auction, and arrives within the boundaries of Ontario no later than thirty (30) days after the date of purchase (or RNA at sale); OR
- The mare was purchased in a bona-fide private sale, arrives in Ontario within thirty (30) days of the date of transaction and remains in Ontario until foaling.
ONTARIO FOALED - means a foal born in the Province of Ontario and registered with the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (CTHS).
A REGISTERED ONTARIO BRED - means a foal born in the Province of Ontario, out of an ONTARIO RESIDENT MARE, registered with the CTHS.
An ONTARIO SIRED - is a foal sired by a stallion that is registered with the CTHS as an ONTARIO SIRE in the year of conception.
An ONTARIO SIRE - is a stallion registered with the Program, owned, leased or managed by an ONTARIO RESIDENT, standing in the Province of Ontario for the entire Northern Hemisphere Stud Season of the year of record.
A BREEDER - is the individual, partnership, syndicate, or corporation who is the owner of the dam at the time of foaling.
s.e. & o.